Partagás

Partagás

One particularly famous cigar factory in Havana is the Partagas factory. It can be found at No.520 Industrial Street, directly behind the Capitol building in the heart of Havana City. The factory opened in 1845 and was opened by Don Jaime Partagas. The factory has been producing fine cigars bearing the Partagas name ever since.

 

A Partagas has a deep earthy flavour easily recognised by the cigar aficionado. The character of its blend is comprised from a selection of filler and binder tobaccos grown in the Vuelta Abajo region and chosen for their unmistakable richness of flavour and aroma. Partagas are available in a wide array of shapes and sizes, one of the most note worthy is the Lusitania and the 8-9-8. This cigar is named by the way it is arranged in its box.

 

One if not the best known of Partagas range is the Serie D No.4. A robusto sized cigar that formed part of the legendary Partagas alphabet series, dating back to the 1930’s. 2005 saw the Pirámide added to the range, aka the Partagas Serie P No.2, which has subsequently become a cigar of choice amongst lovers of the brand and of full-bodied, flavoured Cuban cigars. The Serie D No.5 and the heavy ring gauge Serie E No.2 extended the alphabet series in 2011. All sizes are completely handmade (totalmente a mano) from long-filler tobacco (Tripa Larga) sourced from the Vuelta Abajo region of Cuba.

 

Filter

Now showing of 51 products

Recently Viewed